Ideas

Aesthetics

3/16/10

Dream (Catatonic, with special powers)

-

I'm laying in a meadow that's become a battlefield. I'm a peasant, and all of us peasants are running around, fleeing a mighty, evil army. I don't make it far. I don't recall being slain, but I end up on the ground, unable to move. Fellow peasants rush to me once the violence abates, and realize that I'm in a catatonic state.

As I try to talk, bubbles of foam form at my mouth. These bubbles become odd precious objects to the people. They grab each one as it forms and put it aside. Children eat them and find them to be joyous. I blink my eyes and a light goo emits from out of them. This is also collected.

Members of the evil army approach. They want to know what is up with the commotion. A leader peasant explains to them my curious situation, and the soldiers sit down and partake in the wonder.

Flashback: I'm in a castle, but the inside is designed like an uber-modern living room. A feast is being prepared. People watch TV and drink beer. I walk around aimlessly, unable to fit in socially and not hungry.

Then I'm walking the castle grounds. The light is very particular; I'm not sure what time it is. A Robin-Hood figure, a Tim-Robbins-type, meets me and takes me under his wing. He insists that I stay with him to be safe, though it feels like he's getting me into trouble. Sure enough, one or two bandits (that feel like V for Vendetta types), storm the castle in search of our hero. He rushes off and takes me with him. I'm carrying a bag that contains something of dire importance. I feel powerless, but amped.

We jump off of the side of the castle into a huge moat-like river. I fly through the air and dive into the river. Under water, I realize that I can breathe pretty easily. I begin to feel catatonic. I bear important artifacts on my person, and realize that the bandits (who now resemble Mr. Smith from the Matrix) are after them. I stay underwater and hide within a forest of coral. I am hiding, but capture seems imminent. I black out as they capture me.

On land, they stand over me. I try to speak and bubbles of foam fall out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search